Turkey Hushwee Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef , preferably from a local farm
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t course black pepper
- 1 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 T grass-fed butter, from a local farm or kerrygold
- small handful parsley
1. Immediately when you get home from work, preheat oven to 400º.
2. Pierce 4 medium sweet potatoes with a fork several times, give them a once over with a pat of butter and bake for 45-60 minutes or until done.
3. Dice your onion, then mix your spices together in a small ramekin.
4. Heat 1 T butter in a deep pan over medium/high heat. Add onion, and sauté 4-5 minutes. Add the meat and spices, and cook 8-10 minutes while mixing with a wooden spoon until cooked.
5. Toast the pine nuts in a single layer at 350º until just golden brown. Keep an eye on them! I use my toaster oven for this.
6. Stir the pine nuts into the meat mixture and wait for the potatoes to finish up in the oven.
7. Get your parsley plucked and ready.
8. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and cut each one in half. Top with meat mixture and garnish with parsley.
9. Serve and enjoy!