This weekend my friend Michelle was in town, en route from England to Portland, OR. This afternoon I gave her a tour of my city, Ferndale (which I consider the Portland of Michigan), and we gathered ingredients to make one of my favourite lunches. Everyone I serve it to loves it, and I hope you do too!
Kayla’s Famous Sunbutter Wrap
- lavash / wraps (best quality you can find, I found these gorgeous pink tomato wraps at a local Organic market)
- sunflower seed butter (you can find Sunbutter brand at most grocery stores)
- avocado, sliced
- tomato, sliced (preferably home-grown or from a friend or farmer)
- red onion, thinly sliced
- broccoli florets, chopped small
- romaine lettuce leaves
- Chop all of your vegetables.
- Lay out your wraps and spread sunbutter over one half, and hummus over the other half.
- Down the center, place 3 avocado slices, 3 tomato slices, a handful of red onion, a handful of broccoli, and a romaine lettuce leaf.
- Roll up your wrap, and use the sunbutter as “glue” to hold it together (I usually add a toothpick also to be safe).
(Feel free to switch up the veggies, or sometimes we add turkey. The most important things are the hummus, sunbutter, avocado and red onion.)