- 1 cup red or white quinoa (or blend of both)
- 1 3/4 cups organic free-range chicken broth
- 2 boxes of frozen spinach, defrosted and water thoroughly squeezed out
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons melted butter (grass-fed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (make sure oats are gluten-free if allergic)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Make your flour mixture by adding a handful of almonds and a handful of old-fashioned oats to a food processor and grind – Make a 1/2 cup of flour total.
- Mix quinoa, flour, and all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oil or butter.
- Roll mixture into balls and bake for 20-30 minutes.
These are so pretty! If you use red quinoa, the red and green colour scheme make them perfect for bringing to Holiday parties!
Adapted from Lauren Kelly Nutrition