Hopefully you are not skeptical at all about this breakfast invention of mine. If you have ever spent the night at my house, there is a good chance you’ve been served a “peanut butter omelette”, which I consider my “super protein breakfast”. The sriracha takes it up a notch! You’ve got to try it!
Peanut Butter Sriracha Omelette
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- 1 T natural peanut butter
- drizzle of sriracha (to taste)
- sea salt and black pepper
- small morsel of grass-fed butter
- Melt your butter in a small skillet. Crack 2 eggs into the pan, smash the yolks and whites so that the two eggs become one even egg layer. Grind salt and pepper on top to taste. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until most of the egg is set – you will know when it is time to flip!
- Flip the egg over, turn off the heat, and let it finish cooking for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and drizzle sriracha over one half, and spread peanut butter over the other. Fold the two halves together to create the “omelette”.
You will enjoy this I promise! I am not much of a cheese person, and the peanut butter here acts as the cheesy element that most people enjoy with eggs. Yummmmmm!! Nutritious and delicious! Guaranteed to keep you full until lunch time.