This amazing creation was invented by the wonderful Ali at her inspirational Inspiralized blog. I made a few changes, and have come up with one of the most perfect quick after-work dinners! Most of the time I can make this without even going to the grocery store.
Sweet Potato Noodle Bowl with Quinoa and Roasted Onions
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/3 cups free range chicken broth (buy this one from Trader Joe’s) plus extra, so get a 32 oz carton
For the sauce:
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T tahini
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T maple syrup, grade b
- 1 T chicken broth
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 425º.
- Spread onion chunks on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes, until pleasantly roasted.
- Put quinoa and chicken broth in a medium sized pot with lid, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat, cooking for 20 minutes. (I time this so the onions and quinoa cook at the same time with the same timer).
- Use this time to mix your sauce ingredients.
- In a large skillet with lid on medium heat, pour in about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth and then add your spiralized veggies, seasoning with salt and pepper. Alternate between stirring and steaming with the lid on, adding more chicken broth if necessary.
- When the noodles reach your desired tenderness, put a scoop of them in a bowl with a scoop of quinoa and a scoop of onions.
- Top with your delicious sauce and enjoy!’
Vegan Option: Use vegetable broth
One response to “Sweet Potato Noodle & Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Onions”
That looks amazing! 🙂