Snow day! I just walked to the local Organic Market and bought ingredients for my black bean brownie recipe I’ve been working on.
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 of a large extra ripe avocado
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup organic raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder if unavailable)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic turbinado sugar (or light brown sugar if unavailable)
- 1 t molasses
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Put everything except chocolate chips into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top begins to crack open.
- Cool pan on a wire rack, and then cut into 16 even squares.
- Refrigerate and enjoy throughout the week as a delicious and healthier chocolately dessert!!
I made these to bring to work for my dad’s birthday tomorrow. I am debating whether or not to disclose the ingredients, or just to present them as “brownies”. We’ll see! 😉