“Not Your Mama’s Pasta Salad”
- 1 cup uncooked Delallo organic whole wheat orzo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t dijon mustard
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil, divided
- big handful of kale, torn and stems removed
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all other ingredients except kale and 1 T olive oil.
- When the pasta is done cooking, strain it and add it to the bowl.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet with lid. Fry/steam your kale until it both wilts and becomes slightly charred.
- Add the kale to the bowl and season to taste!
This is a great combination of textures and flavours. You can subsitute rice, quinoa, farro or israeli couscous for the pasta if you’d like. I like Delallo organic whole wheat pastas because they have only one ingredient.