This is an appetizer I bring to many a potluck. It is so easy to throw together, having only 3 ingredients. Today’s potluck is a block party on my street, the Vester Festifall. We will be carving pumpkins, jumping on a bounce house, drinking hot toddies, and listening to a collaborative playlist of Halloween music.
Yesterday, my neighbor Eliza and I made posters for the event. She is an absolute doll. Now, onto the recipe.
Goat Cheese, Pesto & Red Pepper Dip
- goat cheese log
- jar of pesto (home made or store bought)
- red pepper(s)
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Spread the pesto over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Chop up the goat cheese and arrange it down the middle.
- Dice your red pepper(s) and place them along the sides.
- Bake for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crackers, pita chips, or baguette slices.
Note: You can either make this in a smaller baking dish, with a small goat cheese log, a small jar of pesto, and one red pepper. Today, however, I am using a monster cheese log, a lot of pesto and 2 red peppers.
In the oven, the pesto will sautée the pepper, and the cheese will melt. Yum yum yum! What a gorgeous Fall day for a block party. Gotta go!
Recipe source: The Polohouse