- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 T cocoa powder
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup raw cinnamon honey [or regular raw honey (+ cinnamon if you please)]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Take a 2-cup glass measuring cup, and fill it with coconut oil, melting it slightly in the microwave, until you reach the 1/2 cup mark. Add honey until you reach the 1 cup mark. Add peanut butter until you reach the 2 cup mark.
- Pour this mixture into a medium pot on medium heat, and stir until well combined.
- Meanwhile, mix the oats, coconut flakes, cocoa powder and flaxseed.
- Take the pot off of the stove and add the dry ingredients and the vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat or equivalent.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, and then remove from cookie sheet, and store in a tupperware container in the freezer.
- You can eat them right out of the freezer, or let them thaw for 10 minutes before serving.
Feel free to make substitutions to suit your tastes/what you have on hand. It would be hard to screw these up!
Adapted from Dr. Axe
One response to “No-Bake Choco Coco Oat Cookies”
I love how simple these are to make but still look delicious. I would probably try it out with almond butter.