- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (make sure gluten free if allergic)
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 T honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (packed) grated carrot
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into comfortably sized balls, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. If there are leftovers, pop them in the freezer to enjoy any time at a moment’s notice!
I love these little guys. They are perfectly satisfying when you feel like a quick, healthy snack. Forget processed granola bars! These are the real deal.
Adapted from Cookin’ Canuck