Know what is silly about popcorn?
Butter-flavoured microwave popcorn is consistently on Top 10 Worst Foods To Eat lists, but not a lot of people know that homemade popcorn can be one of the tastiest and healthiest snacks you can eat! Following is a simple recipe that produces the best popcorn you’ve ever made at home!
Coconut Oil Popcorn
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popping corn
- sea salt to taste
- (optional) additional melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter for drizzling
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot with tight fitting lid.
- Add 2 corn kernels to the oil in the uncovered pot and wait for them to pop. Then, the oil is ready!
- Add the rest of the kernels, put the lid on, and shake every 10 seconds or so.
- When the popping slows down considerably, remove the pot from the heat and shake everything around for another 10 seconds.
- If you are drizzling with extra oil or butter do so now, otherwise just add your desired amount of salt and shake to coat.
Now it’s time to curl up and watch a movie! Last night we watched Birdman (or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance).
I love keeping my extra popcorn in an air-tight container and snacking on it throughout the week. If you’re lucky enough to have any extra! I know we didn’t.